Dr. Ben was born the only child of an Afro-Puerto Rican Jewish mother named Julia Matta and an Ethiopian father named Kriston ben-Jochannan, in a Falasha community in Ethiopia. He immigrated to the United States in the early 1940s.
Ben-Jochannan is the author of 49 books, primarily on ancient Nile Valley civilizations and their impact on Western cultures. In his writings, he argues that the original Jews were from Ethiopia and were Black Africans, while the white Jews later adopted the Jewish faith and its customs. Possibly, much of Ben-Jochannan’s publications are influenced by earlier Afrocentric work by George James.
In 2002, Ben-Jochannan donated his personal library of more than 35,000 volumes, manuscripts and ancient scrolls to the Nation of Islam.
Axioms of Dr.Ben
From Jacuma on Assata Shakur Forum
1. We, Black or African People, must at all costs save our ownselves, solve our own problems independently and determine our own future, the same as all others have been doing throughout the history of the United States Of America.
2. African-Americans have not yet learn that no other people have continued worshipping another’s God, especially their slave master’s god or gods and freed thenselves from cultural and physical genocide. why should Africans and African-Americans be the only exception to this historic reality.
3. Judaism as a race-culture is as preposterous as a Roman Catholic or Moslem race.
4. Africa, today is still being systematically raped spiritually, materialistically, economically, politically and all other ways imaginable under the sun, in part, due to the causes and effects resulting from race and religion.
5. Know Your Own Self
6. For there is no way in which TRUTH can be soft-peddled and remain TRUTH.
7. No people on the face of this Planet Earth, will ever be able to free themselves from their colonial past unless they embrace their own cultural heritage.
8. He who controls my mind controls my entire life, sayeth the Gods and Goddesses of Alkebulan.
9. The Nation Of Islam, the so-called “Black Muslims” of course I wholeheartedly endorse the attitude of the Hon. Elijah Mohammed to make the religion of his followers, for whom he is the sole “Prophet,” fit their image and needs.
10. The first people to spread racism were those who advanced “the chosen people” myth more than 5000 years ago.
11. In the USA the bride is Judaeo-Christianity, at the wedding, between Judaeo-Christianity and capitalism, Islam is not an officially invited guest, nor member of the family, even though tolerated when she crashes the marriage ceremonies.
12. Yes, it is true, the black man needs a “new religion” He is in need of a new Christianity, a new Judaism, a new Christianity, a new Islam certainly it must be a new religion in which his God is created in his own image.
13. The argument always forced into the African-Americans mind against having a Black God is “God Has No Color.
14. Now it must be made clear, that Mother Africa’s sons and daughters have never slept during their enslavement and will not fall asleep during her upsurge to regain her independence, Africa The Mother Of Man’s Civilization, shall rise again.
15. It should also be understood by all concerned that the African peoples are tired of being told what the white man’s law says, or what the white man’s law is, when that particular law is directed against their interest.